Are you planning on selling your home? Staging your home is an important part. With the Home Enhancement Checklist, it works to help you see things from a buyer’s point of view. We at The Swede Team want your home to make a GREAT first impression when selling. Buyers generally decide if they want to see the inside of a property within 20 seconds of viewing the external attractiveness (curb appeal) of a property. Here are some tips that you can use to help stage every part of the house!
- Keep the lawn cut & edged. Trim bushes, weed gardens, fresh mulch, plants annuals. Keep the porch swept.
- The front door greets the buyer. Make sure it is fresh, clean and paint the trim.
- Clear off the top and remove magnets, pictures, and messages from the refrigerator.
- Wipe down cabinets and sinks and mop floors.
- Hide all products and styling tools from the tub/shower and sink.
- Organize linen closets and medicine cabinets. Make sure all medicines are put away from sight
- Make sure all lights are turned on and curtains are opened.
- Clean & deodorize all carpets and/or wash all floors.
- Rearrange furniture to highlight specific areas of rooms.
- Clear bedside tables; only leave the lamp, clock and one or two books
Basement & Garage:
- Box up and store away any unneccsary items
- Make sure heater, AC, and furnace are all in working order.
When A Buyer is On Their Way…
- Turn off loud, noisy, and disturbing TV shows and music.
- Leave your home. Take a short break while your house is being shown. Buyers are intimidated when sellers are present and tend to hurry through the house. Let the buyer be at ease, and let the agents do their jobs.
We at The Swede Team will do nothing but the best at making sure your home is sold for a top dollar price. You will also learn more tips for selling your home if you call Howard today about selling your home!
Like what you see? Click here to subscribe to our blog!